Disable 2FA FIDO Passkey Prompt

Options

Is there a way to disable 1Password intercepting FIDO 2FA authentication prompts, without disabling Passkeys?

Instead of directly accessing my FIDO key, 1Password will show annoying popup about passkeys first and I have to dismiss that to use FIDO USB key.

I can disable "Offer and sign in with Passkeys" option, but that will also disable Passkeys. I only want to disable 2FA prompts, not actual "password-replacements" Passkey prompts.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @matejdro! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thank you for the feedback. Both passkeys and security keys use the same underlying webauthn technology which is why you're seeing the prompt appear in your browser. We've recently introduced a change to the latest version of the extension to make using a security key easier:

If you close the prompt to save or use a passkey, the browser or system will offer to handle the passkey request.

By closing the prompt, you'll be able to use your security key. You can also click the security key icon in the pop-up itself:

Let me know if the new workflow would work better for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-36211273

• matejdro
    matejdro
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the explanation. It appears that just pressing ESC will immediately fallback to the browser (no need to press the icon), so it is fine.

• @matejdro

I'm happy to hear that pressing ESC works for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.