Support Floorp

Options
footmen
footmen
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Currently 1Password isn't working with Floorp, Floorp is a rising star web browser recently but 1Password doesn't support Floorp, which makes it harder for 1Password users to switch from Firefox to Floorp, please consider adding Floorp.

https://github.com/Floorp-Projects/Floorp/issues/446

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Floorp

Comments

• Hi @footmen,

We are continuously working on extending support for trusted web browsers. Currently, we can add the Floorp browser as a trusted browser in macOS and 1Password can work seamlessly there.

However, I apologize that the feature is not available yet on Windows (it is on our product roadmap). Hopefully, it would arrive soon.

• Crucial6313
    Crucial6313
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kevin.li Any idea when it will be available for Linux?

• Hi @Crucial6313,

I'm sorry that I don't have the ETA for Linux. But, the potential good news is that we might be able to integrate with Floorp browser in Linux.

However, I'm not that good at Linux, so I'd like to move the conversation to email so you can work with one of our Linux experts to explore the possibility. You can email us at:

support+forum@1Password.com

With your email, let's include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• Crucial6313
    Crucial6313
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kevin.li Sent a mail, my Support ID Number is [#GWE-63457-799]

• Hi @Crucial6313,

Thanks for providing the ticket number and I can see that the ticket is in our Linux bucket.

Our Linux experts will contact you soon in the email and discuss what you're looking for with the Floorp browser. Thanks!

• Drewdle
    Drewdle
    Community Member
    Options

Has there been any update on this? I'm assuming not as it still doesn't work.

I saw on Mac there is the option to add additional browsers via the 'browser' setting tab. Is there any equivalent for 1pass in any of the config files or anything?

Would really love for this to work and have been patiently watching this thread but seems like it's probably low priority.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Drewdle

Thanks for reaching out. Are you using Windows or Linux?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Drewdle
    Drewdle
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Windows 11

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Drewdle

Thank you letting me know that you're using Windows. At this time, the custom trusted browsers feature is only available for macOS and I'll let the team know that you'd like to see it made available for Windows as well in the future. Thank you for the feedback.

For the time being, you might still be able to use the 1Password extension with Floorp by installing 1Password in the browser from the Firefox add-ons store but you'll need to unlock it separately from the desktop app using your account password.

-Dave

ref: 39597529

• barneydesmond
    barneydesmond
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there,

I'd just like to add that I'm also keen to see support for Floorp browser with 1Password. I'm on Windows 11 and the add-on works just fine, but yeah it'd be nice if the unlocking were integrated with the desktop app. I moved away from Chrome recently and having to separately unlock the browser isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's definitely inconvenient.

Thanks for your hard work!

• AndyW1P
    edited May 6
    Options

@barneydesmond

Thank you for the request and for the kind words!

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the team is focused on our new custom trusted browsers feature rather than adding support for individual browsers. Custom trusted browsers allow users to use any browser of their choice with 1Password even if they're not officially supported. The feature is already available for macOS and I'll let the team know that you'd like to see it released for Windows as well.

-Andy

ref: PB-39627603