Moving passwords from standalone Version 7 on iPhone to desktop version on Mac

Options
PonyGirl
PonyGirl
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Families

I need to export my passwords from the standalone version of 1Password (v7) on my iPhone to my new account, currently working fine on both my Macbook Pro and iPhone.

I was able to import my passwords from Google but cannot figure out how to export the data in the old version.

Sorry if this issue has been addressed previously. I tried to follow these instructions but it was quite confusing and the options that it says should be available did not happen.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#step-2-migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• HI there @PonyGirl

If migrating doesn't seem to be an option for some reason, you should still be able to manually move the items from a Primary vault into your 1Password account.

Move or copy items

Note: You don't need to export your existing 1Password data to move it into your new account.

Our team are here if you still need any help, so send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• PonyGirl
    PonyGirl
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for trying to help. I have sent an email. Do I need another account accessible from my laptop to get access to the old passwords. I didn't realise I had the mesolithic version of 1Password on my iPhone, so I signed up for a subscription but haven't been able to get access to my passwords. This is so confusing!

• PonyGirl
    PonyGirl
    Community Member
    Options

Here's my bot ticket number [#TCP-96274-188]. Thank you!

• @PonyGirl - Thanks for the conversation number. Your message has already been routed to the right place, and one of the team will reply to you as soon as they can. To avoid having this conversation in two places, I'll close this thread and we'll continue with you by email. :)

This discussion has been closed.