Duplicates after migrating from 1Password 7

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Tool for detecting and removing duplicates?.

Comments

• panning
    panning
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I have tried the beta duplicate tool. I have many duplicates after migrating from 1Password7 standalone. The tool detects 3 duplicates!

• Hello @panning! 👋

Thanks for trying the "Items with duplicates" tool in the latest beta version of 1Password. I'm sorry that you're still seeing duplicate items. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following :

1. Are the items that you're seeing exact duplicates of each other? Or are there slight differences between the items in things like the password or even the modified date?
    2. Are the duplicate items in the same vault or in different vaults?
    3. Do you see the duplicate items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• panning
    panning
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    1. They are exact duplicates
    2. They are in 3 different vaults
    3. This is on my desktop, via 1Passwords8 app, and via the Web browser.

Regards

Peter

• @panning

Often the modification dates are off when in different vaults. Can you confirm they are the same?

• panning
    panning
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that the modification dates and creation dates are exactly the same (at least by the UI)

• Hey @panning

If the tool is not recognizing the items as duplicates then something has to have changed no matter how small. It will only locate exact identical matches. 1Password should be able to detect these across vaults too. In my screenshot you'll see two in one vault and three in another.

• panning
    panning
    Community Member
    Options

Well it is not working properly. Whatever it is using to make them unique is too sensitive. There are about 200 or so duplicates

• @panning

Thanks for the reply. We're always interested in improving 1Password's features and would like to learn more about the duplicate items in your account that the tool isn't catching. Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that the team can investigate further.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• panning
    panning
    Community Member
    Options

[#KCZ-43838-637]

• @panning

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues sent you an initial email yesterday and you'll receive another email as soon as possible. Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: KCZ-43838-637

This discussion has been closed.