JetBrains IDE git pull/push is always considered background

Options
ark1
ark1
Community Member

When I'm trying to perform a git pull or push from IntelliJ IDEA using an SSH key stored in 1Password, nothing seemingly happens. I have to remember to look for a tiny dot in the menu bar so that the process can continue. So it seems 1Password considers the pull/push to be started through a background process, even though I start it from my IDE explicitly.

If the real process cannot be correctly identified by 1Password, perhaps a checkbox "Always show SSH authorization prompt" can be added to the settings. It would solve the issue, at least for me (I don't have background fetches, and I like to control how my SSH keys are used).

IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 2023.2.2.

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6.2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• MrAdam
    MrAdam
    Community Member
    Options

I have experienced a similar issue, although it only happens if i "pull/push" in my IDE, and quickly tab over to another app so the IDE is in the background. This used to work fine, and has degraded in the last few months, and is quite annoying, as I have to sit and wait for the push/pull to complete before I can tab over to my browser window with GitHub..

• MrAdam
    MrAdam
    Community Member
    Options
  • ark1
    ark1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Apparently fixed in JetBrains Toolbox 2.1!

• MrAdam
    MrAdam
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still having issues with the IDE push/pull being seen as background, if I start a push/pull and immediately change focus to my browser. It's quite annoying.