Autofill on https://myportal.bcbsri.com/en/member is instantly cleared before I press enter

Options
JamieRI
JamieRI
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Would a pause between username and password fix this?

Firefox: Autofill always works on https://myportal.bcbsri.com/en/member. It fills, I see it, and I press enter and log in.

Chrome: rarely can I autofill and have my credentials remain filled... on this site only. All other sites autofill and stick. But on this site, the coding immediately clears my credentials in perhaps 200 mS, before I am able to press the enter key. (I recorded a movie showing this but don't want to attach publicly.)

If I manually type my username and password, the site is happy with me.

Could there be programming in the web site that malfunctions if the password field is filled in too soon after the username field?

Is there a change I can make in Chrome browser to fix whatever race condition is happening?

Problem is not new, happening for months.
Every once in a long while, my autofilled credentials are NOT cleared! Go figure!

thanks
Jamie

1Password in the browser 2.16.1
21600101, on BETA channel

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16.1
OS Version: Win 10 22H2
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @JamieRI,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with 1Password. I did some testing on the website you shared on Chrome but haven't been able to recreate the same behaviour.

I'd like to dig a little deeper into the issue you're experiencing. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you. That way you can also share the screen recording with us as well.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/142841
    • Your forum username: JamieRI
    • The screen recording of the issue. If the file is too large to attach in the email please let us know and we can send you a secure upload link to share the file.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further, @JamieRI.

-Evon

• JamieRI
    JamieRI
    Community Member
    Options

Update: Problem of autofill immediately clearing appears in these machines
    Sunroom ASUS Win 10 machine:

• Chrome, all extensions enabled or disabled: Yes. (as seen in video sent in email as instructed.);
    • EDGE extensions enabled: No,
    • Firefox: No
      Kitchen ASUS Win 10:

• Chrome extensions enabled: Yes
      HP Spectre x360 c2018 laptop Win 11

• Chrome extensions enabled: Yes
      Dell XPS17 c2922 laptop Win 11 Chrome, all extensions enabled: No

If you want to debug this via remote session, please reply to my email.
    As this is the only site and I can use Firefox, this issue is not a high priority for me.
    Thank you
    Jamie

• JamieRI
    JamieRI
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

[#LJH-37719-718]

Update (with better formatting and more words since the forum didn't allow me to edit the first update): With more testing on 4 machines and mixed Win 10 / 11, my observations are:

• Problem of autofill immediately clearing on the specific web site is Chrome only, not Edge (chromium) or Firefox even on the problem machines.
    • The problem does not appear at on my newest Win 11 laptop, but does on my older Win 11 laptop, thus not limited to an OS version. My new laptop is the fastest of all machines.
    • Turning off all my extensions does not resolve the problem.
    • It's limited to the one website I mention in the post.
    • I tested all the same afternoon, after confirming Chrome is at latest revision.
    • The issue has been around since I started using 1Password in April 2023.

Test results:

Sunroom ASUS Win 10 machine:

• Chrome, all extensions enabled or disabled: autofill disappears. (as seen in video sent in email as instructed.);
    • EDGE w/ extensions enabled: No issue
    • Firefox: No issue

Kitchen ASUS Win 10:

• Chrome extensions enabled: Autofill disappears immediately

HP Spectre x360 c2018 laptop Win 11

• Chrome extensions enabled: Autofill disappears immediately

Dell XPS17 c2922 laptop Win 11

• Chrome, all extensions enabled: No issue

I will try experiments if they are not too obnoxious. I write software, can go under the hood. If you want to debug this via remote session, please reply to my email.
    As this is the only site and I can use Firefox, this issue is not a high priority for me. If I am a unique case, not a symptom of a bigger issue, I will accept a decision to de-prioritize this. I will just use Firefox for this one website!

Thank you
    Jamie

• JamieRI
    JamieRI
    Community Member
    Options

[#LJH-37719-718]

• Thanks @JamieRI

I appreciate you sending that report in. One of my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible. I'm going to close this topic to prevent duplication of efforts.

ref: LJH-37719-718

This discussion has been closed.