Autofill Not Working in Web Clips

Options
nickp1
nickp1
Community Member
edited October 2023 in iOS

Have folks noticed that auto-fill doesn't work with Web Clips, pages added to the iOS home screen from Safari? This worked perfectly fine for me prior to iOS 17, but I've been having issues lately.

Autofill is setup correctly and working in Safari normally as well as in apps for the most part.
Recreating the Web Clip doesn't yield any different results.

I'm not seeing any suggestion to fill with 1Pass or getting an autofill prompt on the keyboard when activating the password field. Long pressing and electing to fill a password only brings up the option to use Keychain despite having 1Password set as the default password manager in the system settings.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.0.3
Browser: Safari/iOS Web Clip

Comments

• Hi there @nickp1

I'd love to test this out on my end – could you let me know a website you've made into a Web Clip so that I can give it a go? :)

— Grey

• nickp1
    nickp1
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi Grey!

So this is happening with self-hosted websites. The two that come to mind are web clips of the Pi-Hole interface - https://pi-hole.net/

• @nickp1

If it's self-hosted, then it's probably best that we help you by email for privacy reasons, since I think this might need some more information. Send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• nickp1
    nickp1
    Community Member
    Options

[#THX-57594-274]

• @nickp1 – Thanks! I can see your email is already in the right place, and one of the team will reply to you as soon as they can.