Device passcode not working properly

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Face ID not working.

Comments

• bm206
    bm206
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P
    with the latest update I got this morning this function is not working anymore. If I want to use the third option "passcode" 1Password is telling me to deactivate Face ID in the iOS 1Password settings. Otherwise it does not work and I have to use the master password. If I deactivate Face ID the Pincode of my iPhone prompts up.
    Please revert this!
    https://support.1password.com/passcode-unlock/
    "If you leave Face ID or Touch ID turned on for 1Password in the Settings app after turning on passcode unlock, you’ll only be able to unlock with your passcode when biometrics fail multiple times in a row."

• @bm206

Thanks for the ping, I've split your comment into a new thread. Can you clarify what you're trying to do? Are you looking to unlock the 1Password app using your device passcode or using Face ID?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• bm206
    bm206
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Thanks for your answer. I want to use the unlock like it was till last update. It worked as you described on the following page:
    https://support.1password.com/passcode-unlock/

I want to use Face ID. But if Face ID didn't work, I was getting the passcode unlock. This worked before if I set 1Password to Passcode. But now I could only use the Passcode Option in the settings of 1Password if I deactivate Face ID for 1Password in iOS settings. This tells me 1Password. If I deactivate it immediately the Passcode popup is showing. If I activate Face ID in iOS settings for 1Password I have to use the long 1Password password. No Passcode or Face ID.
    If I switch in 1Password settings to Face ID, I can use Face ID. But if Face ID fails I have to use the long password and not Passcode.
    Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand my problem.
    bm206

BTW: This happens on iPad pro, too.

• @bm206

Thank you for the additional details. I was able to reproduce the same issue on my own device and our developers are currently investigating.

While I'm not able to provide any sort of forecast as to if or when we'll be able to resolve this issue, I can tell you that we're aware that it's something in need of fixing. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24702

• bm206
    bm206
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Thx for your answer. I hope you can make it like it was before last update. Do you need a video of the behaving before last update? My wife ist still on old version.
    bm206

• @bm206

Thank you for the offer, a screen recording isn't necessary at this time. Keep an eye out on our release notes for mention of a bug fix in the future: 1Password Releases

-Dave

• bm206
    bm206
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    With the latest update 1Password is working like it was before. Thx for the change.
    If I switch back to Passcode option I see an popup which is not correct with latest update. I don't have to deactivate Face ID option in the iOS settings of 1Password.

• @bm206

I'm happy that the latest update resolved the issue for you. 🙂

The message that you're seeing refers to unlocking 1Password with a device passcode exclusively and bypassing Face ID completely. If you leave Face ID or Touch ID turned on for 1Password in the Settings app after turning on passcode unlock, you’ll only be able to unlock with your passcode when biometrics fail multiple times in a row.

That being said, I can see how the message on that screen could be refined and made clearer and I've filed an issue with our development team to look into it further. Thanks for the feedback!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26136