Biometric stopped working on S21

Options
RMAndrade
RMAndrade
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Android

Used biometric unlock until today. 1 Pass started asking for password everytime I unlock. Already tried changing the unlock method and changing back to biometric. Does not work.
Using last version avaliable on Play Store (8.10.20-1 BETA). Any suggestions ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• steberk
    steberk
    Community Member
    Options

8.10.16 (non-beta) is not working too. No biometrics, no device pin code. :(

• Bucheror
    Bucheror
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, exact same issue on S21 Ultra. Biometrics have worked seamlessly until now. Device pin code lock does not work either. Super annoying...

• Ands
    Ands
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I was about to open the same post. I am using the V 8.10.20 on a S21 Ultra and the biometrics stopped working. I get address to inser the PW and under it there is a message that says something like "something went wrong. Check your passsword and try again".
    Very annoying!

• Bucheror
    Bucheror
    Community Member
    Options

I got the fix from Technical Support. Worked for me.

"Please ensure you have access to 1Password on another device or your Emergency Kit before clearing the app data:

Open your device settings.
    Tap Apps.
    Tap 1Password.
    Tap Storage, then tap Clear Storage/Clear Data.
    Open the 1Password for Android app, then sign into your 1Password account again using one of the sign in steps provided within the app.

• Hi all.

It looks like Samsung have re-issued the most recent software update, so if you run into trouble with fingerprint recognition with 1Password on a Samsung S21 device, have a look to see if that new update is available.

Try this before doing anything to the 1Password app itself – the system update may well mean that you don't need to. :)

• Ands
    Ands
    Community Member
    Options

As of today, I just install a firmware update on my S21 Ultra and, at first look, the problem seems to be solved.

• @Ands

I'm happy to hear that things are working again. 🙂

-Dave