To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Have I been hacked?

Options
hls222
hls222
Community Member
edited March 14 in Memberships

In early October, I received an email saying that there was a new sign-in on Chrome from the UK. I was never in the UK. Changed my secret key, PW, and put on 2fa.
Recently, just thought to check my husband's account (on our family plan), and although he never received an email about a new sign-in, when we looked at the list of "Trusted Devices" there was an ** iPhone in a state we were never in, with a date last week** .... what is going on? Have I been hacked?

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10 Home
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @hls222! 👋

If you have reason to believe a 1Password Account that you own has been compromised I would start with following the steps listed in the link below to regenerate your Secret Key, save your new Emergency Kit and deauthorize that unrecognized device first and foremost.

Once you've done that, I would definitely recommend sending us an email at support+security@1password.com so that way our team can investigate this more closely.

Be sure to let us know here once you've sent us an email to that address, and we'll jump right into this with you.

• Oddycm
    Oddycm
    Community Member
    Options

@Blake I'm just wondering - if someone using 1Password Individual emails 1Password at support+security@1password.com regarding security concerns, is 1Password able to send the user historical sign-in logs regarding their account?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@Oddycm

I'd suggest talking with the security team directly. They'll be able to answer your questions in more detail.