Using 1password with Safari "Save to dock" apps

Options
pacificera
pacificera
Community Member

Hello. Is there anyway to get 1password to fill in passwords within an app that has been created by using Safari's new "save to dock" feature? I am excited to use this capability but it is untenable without 1password support.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @pacificera! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! Safari 17 web apps don't support extensions which is why you don't see 1Password in the browser (or any other extension) available there.

The team is looking into having Universal Autofill support web apps and I've added your comments to the open issue so that the team is aware that you're eager to see support be made available.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23349

• Kingfisho
    Kingfisho
    Community Member
    Options

I would also like to know when this feature for the "Save to Dock" has been enabled in 1Password.

• @Kingfisho

Thank you for following up! We're currently testing filling into Safari web apps in the beta version of 1Password for Mac:

You can now use Universal Autofill to fill in Safari web apps.

If you'd like to help us test the feature then you can switch to the beta. Then, use Universal Autofill to fill into a Safari web app: Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

If you're not interested in trying the beta version then the feature will be added to the stable version as soon as our testing has verified that there aren't any issues. 🙂

-Dave