Date formatting incorrect in 1Password for Windows

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Expiration date format.

Comments

• rx3vz785
    rx3vz785
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue reported by @posttoast . In Australia we use DD/MM/YYYY and it looks right when editing

but it shows in American format MM/DD/YYYY when viewing

My regional format is English (Australia), which sets all dates controlled by Windows in DD/MM/YYYY

• posttoast
    posttoast
    Community Member
    Options

This discussion is mostly going on here now: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/698165#Comment_698165

So see you there ;)

• Hello @rx3vz785,

Thanks for your report. I'm sorry about the trouble that you're having with 1Password localizing date formats correctly. This was fixed for some users in a recent update, but it sounds like the fix hasn't worked for you. The development team are continuing to investigate and are working towards a complete fix.

In the meantime, I recommend keeping 1Password up-to-date and watching 1Password Releases for the latest news about updates and fixes like this.

I apologize for any interruption this is having on your workflow.

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• rx3vz785
    rx3vz785
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Love your work 1P Team, hopefully we will get a resolution soon(ish).

I've experienced the same issue in Windows 11. 1P seems to be using the regional settings for the 'edit' view (I'm in Australia so DD/MM/YYYY) but the operating system language format when viewing (Windows language is English [US] so MM/DD/YYYY).

Agree with others that this feels sloppy. Why not use the same parameter/criteria for everything?

• @rx3vz785,

We appreciate the updated details here. I've passed this additional feedback along to the team. Thanks!

• boekelele
    boekelele
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I have the same issue here.

• Region: NL + Language US
    • 1Password 8.10.18 on Windows 11 23H3

I'll voice that an ISO date toggle (as it seems that fixing it region by region will take a very long time) seems like it would be a much appreciated workaround.

• Hey @boekelele, thanks for your suggestion. I'll share your comment with the relevant team.

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#8747