To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't login into my 1Password account with my 2FA code!!

Options
SandeepKhemani
SandeepKhemani
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Memberships

Whenever I try to login into my 1Password account it asks for my 2FA code and when I provide my code I always receive this error: "Incorrect authentication code. Make sure your device has the correct date and time." Even though I have checked many times and verified my time on all my devices through time.is, my time is same through all my devices but I still get this error again and again, this is happing since few days before this everything was fine!! Anyone having this issue?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.18 (81018040)
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: macOS 14.0
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @sandeepmachiraju

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with your two-factor authentication. When this occurs, it's often due to clock drift. Do you have your clock set to the correct time and date? Does it automatically update itself? If not, try enabling automatic updating.

If the code works for a while, it is configured correctly in 1Password, or it would not work at all, which you would see when verifying the code before enabling it on the site. Most sites set a valid timeout at 30 seconds for code use.

I would suggest giving your device a reboot if it has not had one lately. That can often clear up transient issues.