Extension always goes offline when I close my Macbook

Options

My 1password Chrome Extension constantly goes offline after I close my Macbook. I have the extension linked to the app, where the settings are set to never Lock / go offline. And yet, it constantly goes out of sync. Drives me crazy! Especially since you don't notice the extension is offline until you use it.

Any ways to fix this? I've tried logging out of the extension, unlinking, and reconnecting. No luck.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ak4913,

Can you provide us with some more detail when you say it goes offline? Do you see a message saying you are offline or do you mean 1Password is locking and showing a padlock symbol? When this happens, can you let us know the steps you are taking to get things back on track?

Any detail would be really useful.

• ak4913
    ak4913
    Community Member
    Options

I usually get a message saying 1Password is offline with a red cloud icon appearing on the extension menu. I click on the cloud and it locks the extension and asks me to resign.

Sometime the cloud icon isn’t clickable at all, but this is in very rare cases. Then, I just restart the Chrome browser.

My Mac app is constantly online and never off during this time.

• Thank you for getting back to us @ak4913.

Can you try these steps in Chrome to resync your account with the extension and let us know if the issue persists:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Let us know how you get on!

• ak4913
    ak4913
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I’ve done that before after reading it in a thread another user created.

Issue still persists.

• Hi @ak4913 I'm sorry you're still running into trouble with 1Password going offline after you close your Macbook

Since those suggestions didn't help, can you send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report (if you use the desktop app as well) so we can investigate further?

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive a reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!