Are you sure you want to share this item?

Options
9elsen
9elsen
Community Member

I get this message when sharing a specific item:
Are you sure you want to share this item? This item looks like it contains part of your 1password account details.
Sharing it with someone would let them access your account.

I do not understand this message, as this is just an item with some basic data and a file attachment.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @9elsen, thanks for reaching out. This prompt appears if you're attempting to share an item that may contain a part of your 1Password account credentials.

Does the item you're sharing contain anything that may resemble a 1Password Secret Key? This could be triggering this prompt to appear.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ali

• 9elsen
    9elsen
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

The file attached is a technical file that contains several strings, like e.g. mp-608-220909-0060554-latest-0ef8.
    It does contain dashes, letters and numbers - just like a Secret Key, but it is not @AliH1P

• Thanks for your reply @9elsen. It sounds like 1Password is detecting one or several of the strings to be something that could be a Secret Key and providing you with that warning.

As long as you've verified that the file and item do not actually contain any of your account credentials, you can safely share the item.

Ali

• 9elsen
    9elsen
    Community Member
    Options

The pattern of a Secret Key should be quite precise, so it would be nice if this warning would be a little more careful before triggering, anyhow that is some feedback for the product team @AliH1P

• Hi @9elsen, I've passed this along to the relevant team to investigate further.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Ali

• rhp195
    rhp195
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any update on this? I get the same message on a simple password share. 1Password for Windows 8.10.22 (81022040)

• Hello @rhp195,

I'm sorry, we have no further news to share at the moment.

You mentioned you are seeing the same message on a simple password when attempting to share. Could you provide some additional details about the types of fields that are appearing in this particular item? Does this item contain any data that looks similar to a Secret Key? any details you can provide would be helpful, but please be sure to not include personal or private information.

I'm looking forward to your reply.