Unable to fill TOTP into reddit.com

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Autofill problem with reddit and epic games.

Comments

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    Options

It's been a while since this thread was created, but since it's not locked for further comment I'll use it instead of creating another thread.

I don't know about Epic Games, but there are issues with filling the credentials on Reddit. In my case the 1Password icon and menu shows up in the Username and Password field when I click in one of those fields and I can then choose from the Reddit accounts saved in 1Password. Autofilling with the keyboard shortcut also works.

What doesn't work though, is filling the 2FA TOTP code. Usually 1Password fills that code automatically after you've triggered the filling of the username and password, but here nothing happens when you get to the TOTP field. There's also no 1Password icon in the TOTP field even if you click in the field to put it in focus. Using the keyboard shortcut or autofill option in the 1Password in the browser menu doesn't work either. The only method that works for filling the TOTP code is to copy/paste it from 1Password in the browser.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.20 (81020012)
    Extension Version: 1Password browser extension version 2.17.0 (21700001, on BETA channel)
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2
    Browser: Firefox 118.0.2 (64-bit)

• Hello @Backspaze! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue. I can reproduce the same problem and I've added your report to an internal issue that we have open to get this fixed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

For the time being, the easiest way to fill your TOTP into Reddit's website would be to drag and drop the TOTP from the browser pop-up to the correct field.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24532

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for picking this up @Dave_1P.

I've tried drag and drop as well but it doesn't work very well, at least not in Firefox. When I do that, I have to be really careful of where I put the mouse pointer. If I drag and drop the TOTP code on the text Application code, the browser just tries to go to https://123456 (where 123456 is the TOTP code).

• I'm sorry for the disruption @Backspaze, I see where you are coming from. In that case it may be easier to copy and paste the TOTP code as you were previously.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.