iPhone - Entering Credit Card not showing when using an APP

Options
reneb70
reneb70
Community Member
edited October 2023 in iOS

Hi
Hopefully a simple solution. It's been bugging me for a while.

When I use an app to buy something on my iPhone 11 or now 15 I am not given the option to autofill the credit card details. For example, if I want to order a Pizza using the Pizza Hutt app, I order the pizza, and when I get to the last screen to input the credit card info I have to move out of the Pizza Hutt app, open 1Password, copy & paste the credit card details & CVC numbers.
I have my card stored & they work fine when using a browser. Is this a known issue or am I missing something? Screen Shots attached

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: IOS 17.0.3
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @reneb70! 👋

Thanks for the question! On the iPhone, filling fields in other apps using AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience.

iOS AutoFill can only fill the following fields: username and password. This means that other information that you have stored in 1Password, like your credit cards or addresses, can't be filled. Hopefully iOS AutoFill is enhanced in the future to allow for the filling of more types of information. In Safari, you're likely using our browser extension which provides a similar experience to the browser extension on the desktop and can fill things like your credit card: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

For the time being, copy and pasting your credit card information from the main 1Password app is the best workaround.

-Dave

• reneb70
    reneb70
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave. Now I know it's not me :)
    It used to work, but I may be wrong about that. Appreciate the reply,
    Thanks
    Rene'

• @reneb70

Hopefully iOS AutoFill is expanded in the future, thanks for asking the question! 🙂

-Dave