1Password give weird haptic feedbacks

Options
BKrnk
BKrnk
Community Member

I don’t know if this happens for me but after the last beta update I get weird haptic feedbacks from 1Password Safari Extension when I activate it via the „Passwords“ shortcut above the keyboard.

First it vibrates like „incorrect password“ but then it opens normally. My face is clearly visible for FaceID.

I would like to add more details. I hope the team around @Dave_1P will help me with this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @BKrnk! 👋

Thanks for reporting the issue, it sounds like you're referring to iOS AutoFill (the "Passwords" prompt above the keyboard) rather than the Safari extension which provides suggestions that look like this:

That being said, we do have an iOS AutoFill biometric unlock internal issue open with our development team that matches that symptoms that you're reporting and I've added your comments there. Our developers will investigate this further.

Thanks again for taking the time to write in with your feedback. 🙂

-Dave

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Dave_1P - I just want to let you know that the last beta release does not fixed the problem. I just saw in the release notes that you did something with this update.

Looking forward for a fix.

• @BKrnk

Thanks for following up. The issue that I mentioned in my earlier reply is still open with our development team. Hopefully a fix comes in a future update. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#17593

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    Options

I hope have a fix soon :)

Keep me updated @Dave_1P

• @BKrnk

When, and if, a fix is included in a future update you'll see it noted in our release notes: 1Password Releases

I'll also leave a note to circle back and update this thread.🙂

-Dave

• @BKrnk

We've made some improvements to how haptics work when unlocking 1Password for iOS. Can you update to the latest version and let me know if you can still reproduce the issue:

After updating, you might run into the problem one more time. But try to use AutoFill to fill a login again and let me know if you still experience the haptic issue.

-Dave

• linuxpng
    linuxpng
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately it still has a failure in there. The haptics on success are removed but this acts like it attempts an immediate retry on failure. So I can reproduce the haptic failure about 25 percent of the time on the newly released version.

1Password for iOS 8.10.24 81024044, on PRODUCTION channel

• @linuxpng

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you're referring to a slightly different issues that we're discussing in another thread.

Let's continue the conversation there. 🙂

-Dave