When I click on the box to sign in on a website the 1Password does not auto fill.

Options
howelldarwin277
howelldarwin277
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

It used to work perfectly but now I have to do multiple sign ins to 1Password to get the user name and password to fill in. I usually have to paste it in.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Monterey 12.7.1
Browser: Chrome and Safari

Comments

• Hey @howelldarwin277,

Can you start by letting me know if you can see a 1Password icon in your browser toolbar?

If yes, can let me know what happens when you click on it? Can you unlock 1Password and see your items?

Are you having trouble filling on all websites or are there one or two in particular that are proving problematic?

Any detail you can provide would be most useful!

• howelldarwin277
    howelldarwin277
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have the icon in the toolbar. I clicked it and my vault appeared. I logged into a website and it worked perfect. It seems like sometimes it works but sometimes not.

• howelldarwin277
    howelldarwin277
    Community Member
    Options

It seems like if I click on the icon in the toolbar it works just fine. I didn't know about that. Thanks! Problem solved.

• It's great to hear that things are working, @howelldarwin277!

I should mention that you should be able to autofill by clicking the suggested Login item from the inline menu under the username or password field on the login page, or by clicking the "Autofill" button within the 1Password extension pop-up in your browser. If there's a particular site where one of these options isn't working for you, let us know, and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

• howelldarwin277
    howelldarwin277
    Community Member
    Options

I previously had a log in website for 1Password that I clicked and would get the box that requested only my personal password. Now when I use the 1Password sign in website it requires e-mail, secret key password and personal password. I don't want to do that so I click on the icon to get to my 1Password vault. I prefer the first log in vault compared to the second one that I get when I click the icon in the toolbar.

• Hey @howelldarwin277,

I'm so sorry for the delayed response.

Can you let me know which 1Password sign in website you are referring to where all of these detail are required? Do you mean when you go to 1Password.com?