Fastmail integration: OAuth error

Options

I tried to set up fastmail integration following these instructions: https://support.1password.com/fastmail/

Step one (log into 1 password) works fine.
Step 2 is click on "integrations" and then "fastmail". When I do that, it takes me to to a page with instructions and a "connect" button. clicking that button takes me to this URL:
https://app.fastmail.com/oauth/?u=xxxxxxx (replaced identifying data) but that just displays "Sorry, Pobox does not support connecting to third-party clients with OAuth." in large font.

Did something change?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.11 (70911001) Mac App Stor
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: 13.5.2 (22G91)
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hi @harrism ,

There is a known issue regarding the Fastmail integration and it is fixed by our devs. However, it is not applied to your 2.15.1 version yet.

If you don't want to wait for the next stable update, which should have the fix, you can try the beta version instead:

Let me know how it goes.

• harrism
    harrism
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kevin.li I tried removing the release Firefox Add-in and installing the beta using the link you provided. I still get the same error from fastmail: "Sorry, Pobox does not support connecting to third-party clients with OAuth."

Perhaps this is a problem because my fastmail account is a pobox account?

• Hi @harrism,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I haven't forgotten about your issue.

It is a tricky situation and I don't have a Pobox account to test and verify. So, I am waiting for more insights from our integration team, I will update you once I hear back from them.

But, you might be right. The root cause of the issue is the Pobox account. I also suspect that the integration requires a Fastmail account, even if Pobox belongs to Fastmail.

• Hi @harrism,

I just heard back from my colleague and they confirmed with Fastmail folks. Unfortunately, I'm sorry to let you know that Pobox customer won't have access to the Masked Email integration feature.