Above support for keyboard autofill needs fixing.

Options
DioDo
DioDo
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Android

1Password's Above support keyboard autofill fails to recognise input fields like username and password in apps like Reddit and ProtonMail, maybe other apps as well. I haven't checked

I tried using the field below the option; it was able to work with Reddit but not with the ProtonMail app username input field.

The autofill support for the keyboard needs fixing.

FYI, I tried with other PWM keyboard autofill, and they were able to recognise the fields in the Reddit and ProtonMail apps.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @DioDo, thanks for writing in and reporting this behavior.

We're aware of an issue that prevents 1Password from detecting the email field in the Proton apps. However, a password should fill from the password field as expected. I've gone ahead and added a +1 to this issue on your behalf.

With Reddit, are you seeing a similar issue where filling works from one field and not the other? If you long press a field then select ⋮ > Autofill does a prompt appear?

While we certainly want Autofill working in as many places as possible, when Autofill isn't available you can copy and paste or use split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials.

Thanks again!

• DioDo
    DioDo
    Community Member
    Options

On Reddit, it's worse. No field is detected even long press and autofill doesn't work.

Yes, the Reddit app is linked to 1Password.

When an app is not linked there is an open password prompt above the keyboard that way we know that 1Password can detect the field but it does not work with the Reddit username and password or sign up form field or Proton's username field.

• @DioDo, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I can reproduce this issue, so I will pass the Reddit app along to our development team to investigate.