To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

WebAuthn as two step login to secure my account

1proller
1proller
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Memberships

Hey
This article Oct 14, 2022 says WebAuthn is coming soon. in wondering can i use Fido2 WebAuthn 2FA for two step login to secure my 1P acount?

https://blog.1password.com/what-is-webauthn/

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023

Hello @1proller! πŸ‘‹

Unlocking 1Password with a passkey (which leverages the WebAuthn standard) is currently in a private beta and we'll have more to share on what the user experience looks like as the development process continues: Private Beta: Create a 1Password Account with a Passkey

can i use Fido2 WebAuthn 2FA for two step login to secure my 1P acount?

We don't currently fully support using a passkey for two-factor authentication but you can use a physical security key like a YubiKey: Use your security key as a second factor for your 1Password account

Let me know if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• 1proller
    1proller
    Community Member

@Dave_1P thank you for the reply, I'm aware that i can use the Yubikey key but I don't want an extra device to carry around
    feature request:
    Please consider adding the ability to add passkey for two-factor authentication because
    WebAuthn is much more secure than any other
    The OTP method because it can
    prevent phishing,
    I had in Bitwarden and it worked perfectly please πŸ™πŸΎ

• @1proller

Thanks for the feedback. Where would you plan to save the passkey if you could use one as two-factor authentication for your 1Password account?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• 1proller
    1proller
    Community Member

@Dave_1P
    Hi, thanks for the reply, I will save in my iCloud Keychain and it will sync all my devices and access everywhere. WebAuthn is more secure than regular OTP And it’s much faster, you skip going into the specific app like 2FAS and copy the 6 digit code
    Hope you implant as soon as possible.
    Thanks 🀩

• @1proller

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed your request along to the team. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-36768472

• Affix5
    Affix5
    Community Member
    edited November 2023

+1
    @Dave_1P :)
    I add my vote for this function too, I see it as necessary, Yubikey is the best but unfortunately I already lost one, so Two-step Login via FIDO2 WebAuthn would be much smoother

https://bitwarden.com/blog/fido2-webauthn-2fa-in-all-bitwarden-plans/

• @Affix5

Thank you for the request, I've passed it along to the team as well. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-36798474

This discussion has been closed.