op cli breaks Safari Plugin and vice versa on Sonona Beta 14.2

Options
AndyQ
AndyQ
Community Member

Have been having a few issues recently with both the op cli and the Safari Plugin losing connection to the 1Password app.

Having spent a little time tracking this down, it appears that if I use the op cli and successfully connect to 1Password, then this breaks the Safari plugin, and I then need to disable the browser integration, quit and restart Safari, then re-enable the browser integration and then the plug in starts working again.

BUT

This then often breaks the op cli.
To fix this, I then need to restart 1Password which then allows the op cli to connect.

BUT

This then breaks the Safari plugin again and causes that to lose connection with 1Password.

The error I get from the op cli is:

Error when retrieving credentials from custom-process: 2023/11/03 12:28:51 exit status 1: [ERROR] 2023/11/03 12:28:51 error initializing client: connecting to desktop app: connecting to desktop app timed out, make sure it is installed, running and CLI integration is enabled

And if I run op whoami I get:
[ERROR] 2023/11/03 12:29:17 connecting to desktop app: connecting to desktop app timed out, make sure it is installed, running and CLI integration is enabled

Running the latest nightly 1Password (thought I'd switched back to the beta but apparrently it reverted itsself back to nightly again),
op cli - 2.22.0.

Any ideas as this is starting to drive me mad!

1Password Version: 81020029
Extension Version: 2.16.10
OS Version: Max OS 14.2 beta
Browser: Safari