How in the world can I import a sqlite file?

Options
nickyost
nickyost
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Mac

I've been trying to get the support I needed from Reddit, which directed me to 1Password support. Now I've been trying to get support from them for about a week and I am not seeming to get anywhere.

To keep things short, I had a laptop fail on me out-of-the-blue. It won't boot, but I can read data off the old drive. Because I cannot boot off the drive, I cannot launch 1Password. Because I cannot launch 1Password, I cannot export the file to a good, useable export format and all I have are sqlite files I found.

How do I restore the sqlite? I am being told to download the iPassword 7 client from the website (which I did) and then unlock 1Password and select "import" followed by a bunch of steps. However, I cannot unlock 1password because I don't want to start a trial and none of the imports allow me to select a sqlite file so I am stuck.

I understand I should have predicted a drive failure and done periodic backups, but I wasn't aware the entire machine would fail. I effectively have a time-machine backup of the underlying data (which is where I got the sqlite file) but it seems I cannot actually USE the sqlite file.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @nickyost! 👋

Our support team over on the email side will be in the best position to assist with this. I see that they sent you an email on Sunday, if you don't see it then please check your Spam/Junk folder. Please continue the conversation over email. To prevent duplicating efforts in two different places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: QIG-64346-822

This discussion has been closed.