Phone number filled without the leading + sign

Options

Hi all,

in my Identity item I have (among other items like name, addres, email, ...) a default phone number stored with a leading + sign, e.g. +421111222333.

Today I was making an order in an eshop and all the fields were filled correctly, but the phone number was filled without the leading plus sign, i.e 421111222333. This happened on at least 2 other websites I remember, so I finally decided to consider this a bug.

In Europe, it's not that unusual for websites to require the phone number in an international format, i.e. beginning with the country code +XYZ.

Any idea why the + character is omitted during autofill?

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• kamillelonek
    kamillelonek
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue for me. Is it already solved?

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited March 7
    Options

This isn't necessarily 1Password's fault. Website designers show incredible creativity with their own custom phone number input requirements and formatting.

Some websites remove non numeric characters in phone number fields, so any + or - just vanishes. Some even refuse spaces.

I often see websites offering a dropdown list for the country (where you select the prefix part of the number, 42 in the OP), and an input field for the rest of the number. Autofill is rather random for many websites. Some want with + or without, some want with (+)42 or without, some want with leading 0 or without.

• kamillelonek
    kamillelonek
    Community Member
    Options

That's true. The thing is I'm talking about the cases where I can put whatever in this field and I need to add + sign manually after filling it by 1pass without it.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@kamillelonek

Is there a site you can link to that is public facing that the team can look at? I'm not sure if it's possible to help here. However, one us here in the community can get it before them for further review.

• kamillelonek
    kamillelonek
    Community Member
    Options

It worked after removing the phone number from "Default phone" field and adding a new Text filed named "phone".

• Hi @kamillelonek, thank you for the update and for sharing that.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.