Uber passkey defaults to keychain

Options
Addie
Addie
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

I’ve tried and failed to create an Uber passkey in 1Password. I’m using an iPhone. The process goes as expected except it defaults to creating the passkey in Apple Keychain with no option to create the passkey in 1Password. I’ve checked the iPhone password settings and they are set to default to 1Password. Has anyone else come accross this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• While I haven't run into this myself, there is an issue we're currently investigating with creating a passkey in Uber at the moment.

If you go in and change your settings within iOS to default to Keychain and then change it back to 1Password, do you see any different behavior at all?

• Solos
    Solos
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

When I'm trying to create a passkey in Uber with 1Password, I get an error message saying "Error! Unfortunately we have some problems with our server".

• @Solos

Thank you for the additional details. While 1Password is ready to support passkey authentication in iOS native apps, we are aware of an issue on iOS 17 that impacts users from being able to save and use passkeys to sign in to iOS apps like Uber.

We are working with our partners at Apple to find a resolution to this issue. You can continue to create and sign in using passkeys, with 1Password, in the Safari app: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave