Filling and signing in using passkeys often fails

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Safari isn't working any longer..

Comments

• markbyrn
    markbyrn
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, clearing history only worked partially. I've found autofill and passkey often fails; maybe you can revert the update you did yesterday as the previous version was more reliable.

• Hi @markbyrn,

Are you having trouble after updating to the current version of 2.17.0?

May I also confirm if you are running on Safari 17.2 and macOS beta 14.2?

• markbyrn
    markbyrn
    Community Member
    Options

@Kevin.li,

Yes, I'm using 1Password browser extension version 2.17.0 on MacOS 14.2 beta, and Safari 17.2

Notably, though, I'm also using Safari Technology Preview 17.4 and the 2.17.0 extension works fine although it takes a bit of 'loading' time when clicking it.

• Hey @markbyrn,

When you say autofill and passkey often fails, can you provide us with some examples so we can take a closer look?

• markbyrn
    markbyrn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles,

The problem seems to have fixed itself for the time being but the problem occurred with services where I had more than one account - for example, Google. When it showed a passkey for one of the Google account, it would pop up in a somewhat non-centered fashion, and clicking sign-in did nothing.

• Hey @markbyrn,

Thank you for getting back to me. I hope things are smooth sailing from here on but please let us know if you run into any further issue and we can continue to troubleshoot.