1Password on Mac has broken "exact domain matching" for new login entries

Options
TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Yesterday I added three new logins to 1Password on Mac. They were xx.mydomain.com, xy.mydomain.com, and xz.mydomain.com. For EACH of the three login entries in 1password I chose "fill only on this exact domain". However, that is being ignored. When I browse to each of the three unique FQDNs, 1Password presents all THREE logins as valid options. I should only see ONE, the exact match.

Oddly, other (older) entries that are ab.mydomain.com do honor the exact match rule. So it seems like NEW entries are broken, not prior entries. Happens in Safari and Vivaldi on Mac.

1Password Version: Mac 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.17.2
OS Version: Mac Sonoma
Browser: Safari and Vivaldi

Comments

• Hello @TravelSD! 👋

I'm sorry that the "Only fill on this exact domain" autofill behaviour isn't working as expected. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me if you have multiple URLs added to any of the items in question? Or does each of the three items have just the one URL?

Are there any other items for the website in question saved in 1Password?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20855

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I found the answer on another thread. Yes I have multiple entries. The work around is to make sure ALL entries have exact domain matching turned on. This solved my issue.

• I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue, thanks for sharing the solution with the community. 🙂

-Dave