Group private and shared logins separately in extension on team accounts

Options
corybirdsong
corybirdsong
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Business and Teams

I would like private/personal logins to appear before any shared logins when using the extension/autofill prompt. On sites where we have a lot of logins saved for older projects or clients I have to pick through all that to find my personal login that I use all the time:

If there are a lot of matches for a particular domain it would be nice if logins had sections within the list, like so:

The same idea could also be applied to the autofill listing.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16.0/2.17.0
OS Version: macOS Mojave
Browser: Chrome and Safari

Comments

• ag_max
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @corybirdsong,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I've shared this internally with the rest of the team for future consideration.

For now, you might consider favoriting your personal items that you frequently use so they appear further up in the list when viewing the suggested Login items for a site.

Organize with favorites and tags

ref: pb-37001543

• corybirdsong
    corybirdsong
    Community Member
    Options

That helps them stand out in the list a bit, but they don't get bumped all the way to the top:

• Hello @corybirdsong,

I'm glad that helped, but I'm sorry to report that there aren't any other ways to influence how items with identical titles will be sorted in the 1Password search results. As such, you may wish to consider some other ideas to help surface the right item:

• Edit the title of items to help differentiate each, so you can more easily see the right item in the list.
    • Search by username instead of item title or website.
    • Try typing part of the username (or item title) in the login form while visiting the website. 1Password in the browser will use the data you enter to filter the list of suggestions. I find this helps for a few sites where I have many similar logins, but it doesn't work on every website since some restrict the kind of data which can be entered in a form. For example, fields for two-factor authentication / one-time passwords often don't work with this trick, in my experience.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you,