Unable to disable Okta SSO integration

Options
lcsam
lcsam
Community Member

I enabled 1Password SSO while testing Okta. My Okta trial is over and I want to disable Okta SSO, but I can't find any method in 1Password to do this. When navigating to "Configure Identity Provider" I see Okta listed any showing "Connected". There is no button to delete the configuration. Below I see an edit button to adjust the "People signing in to 1Password with an identity provider" but I'm unable to change it to "No one" rather it gives an error when saving since the Okta endpoint is unavailable.

Failed to save SSO Settings
An unexpected error occurred.
ServerError: 500 (failed to get well known configuration from https://trial-#######.okta.com/.well-known/openid-configuration: 404 Not Found)

Is there somewhere in the 1Password admin this can be controlled?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @lcsam,

I'm Scott on the 1Password Customer Experience team. It's nice to meet you.

Thanks for contacting us about this issue. Our integrations support team is looking into it now, and will contact you by email when we have an update. Please be on the lookout for that message in your email inbox.

Thank you,

• lcsam
    lcsam
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Scott, I'll keep an eye out for an update. I also have an open ticket 190472

• lcsam
    lcsam
    Community Member
    Options

For anyone looking at this in the future, their support followed up and as of today there is no easy solution.

You can either:

• Start a new Okta trial, reconfigure everything, verify the Okta connection in 1Password, disable the Okta integration, then dump the Okta trial
    • Delete your whole 1Password account. In my case I was only an hour in and hadn't invited my team so this was a faster solution.

It sounds like their engineering team is working toward eliminating this problematic edge case.

• @lcsam

I'm happy that you were able to find a workaround that works for you.

Our team understands that the available workarounds are not ideal and they are continuing to investigate the issue to improve the situation here. If anyone else runs into the same issue then please send an email to support@1Password.com so that the team can help further.

-Dave

ref: dev/b5/b5#23200