is Export as PDF now included in Version 8 .... ?

Options
chasan
chasan
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Lounge

i have been using 1password for some 20 years
and 4 times a year i would create an updated pdf copy of my 1Password account
and store it on an external HD that i keep in a bank safety deposit box

i'm still running 1Password Version 6 on my various Apples using Big Sur 11.7.10

now i want to upgrade to Version 8

and would like to know if the ability to create a pdf
is now possible in Version 8 ???

it's a feature that is important to me

i read numerous very justified requests in an older thread on this subject
asking to have this feature reinstated
but that thread was closed about 6 months ago

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @chasan! 👋

Thank you for being part of 1Password for such a long time! We appreciate that you've stuck with us for so long and I'm excited to hear that you're looking to upgrade to 1Password 8. 💙

1Password 8 does not include an export to PDF option since your 1Password account already takes care of backing up your data. If you ever accidentally delete an item you can always restore it using 1Password.com: View and restore previous versions of items

Your encrypted data is replicated to redundant copies on our end to guard against any data loss and is also cached locally on each device where you use the app.

In general, I don't recommend exporting your passwords since that will remove them from the secure and encrypted environment of 1Password. Any exported copy of your passwords will be in plain text and so will be readable by anyone who views it. In addition to this if you change any of your passwords in the future the exported copy will become outdated.

A better option is to download and save your Emergency Kit. You can print out the Emergency Kit and write down your account password. Then you can store the Emergency Kit in a personal safe or safe deposit box. Using the Emergency Kit you'll be able to access your account on 1Password.com from any device even if you lose all of your devices.

That all being said, I have passed along your comments to our product team and they'll consider them as they're making updates to 1Password in the future. I also see that you've also asked the same question via email and one of my colleagues will reply to you soon to help answer any other questions and to help with the upgrade. To avoid having the same conversation in two places at once, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: PB-36978312
    ref: HER-72785-259

This discussion has been closed.