Master password change every 2 weeks on android phone

Options
ancrod
ancrod
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Android

Ok i get:
1) that there must be a significant percentage of customers who have forgotten their master password for you to make a change that i cannot alter in my android phone. As other posts have indicated typing in a master password that is complex on a phone is a experience, and every 2 weeks, woo hoo.
3) this is your product to make changes as you believe is the best for the customers.
4) security is a pain

My take is:
1) I take responsibility for my master password, not you. As it is a requirement of using your product.
2) i generally can do a forgot password on websites.
3) I'm learning how to use passkeys that are based on my phone and biometrics.
4) having accepted that security is a pain, the 1 password team have now added a new layer of security pain which is a tad unwelcome.

So now to my questions.
If i use a passkey to login into 1password in a future version what happens then? Will this policy stop?

Thanks Michael

[Removed profanity, please remember that this is a family-friendly community. -Moderator]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @ancrod! 👋

I'm sorry for the frustration. You can indeed change how often your account password is required by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. Tap Require password, then select a longer period of time.

Let me know if that doesn't work. You can also choose how often 1Password locks on your Android device: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

If i use a passkey to login into 1password in a future version what happens then? Will this policy stop?

Unlocking 1Password with a passkey is currently being tested in a private beta and we'll have more to share regarding details at a later date. 🙂

-Dave

• ancrod
    ancrod
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave
    Many thanks. Followed your instructions I have made my choice for the phone. And now i am a happy camper.
    Michael

• On behalf of Dave, you're welcome, @ancrod!