iOS 17.1.1 install issue

Options
auroraguy
auroraguy
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

So I have been an on/off user of 1pass over the years and I am familiar with install and setup. Today I opted to trial the latest version and have it setup on macOS just fine but cannot install to my iPhone 14 Pro Max on 17.1.1

I have tried using the QR from the macOS app as well as manually entering in my login credentials and as soon as I complete the info and hit DONE, the screen refreshes and takes me right back to the beginning in a loop that never ends.

I don't know how to trouble shoot this and do not have any 2FA or anything enabled at the moment. Just username/pass and key. This should just work.

Google didnt turn up anything so I figured I would ask the group if this is a known issue or what I can do to get past. My iPhone is not a corporate owned device (MDM) or anything, just a standalone phone purchased direct from Apple last year.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @auroraguy! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not able to add your account to the 1Password for iOS app. Our developers are currently investigating an issue with signing in on the iPhone and iPad however the issue is currently limited to folks with MFA logins such as Okta or DUO.

Can you confirm that you don't have any accounts that use any of those methods? Are you using an individual or family account?

as soon as I complete the info and hit DONE

Do you see a "Sign In" button that you can tap after entering your information instead of tapping "Done"? Let me know and I can help further.

-Dave

• auroraguy
    auroraguy
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

It's just a bare bones standalone personal account still in trial for 14 days. No 2FA or MFA or hardware keys at this stage. I figured I would add that later on to avoid any setup issues initially.

I was finally able to setup and login to the iOS app this morning after discovering the following:

I scanned the QR code from the 1pass web page and then the app asked for a password.
    Since I had setup my account using Safari, the password was in my Apple Keychain.
    I then face-ID and had the iPhone put the password in. That failed over and over.

Today I opted to try to go into the Apple Keychain on the iPhone and find the 1pass entry and did a copy of the password from there.

Then I launched the 1pass app again and this time simply selected the 1pass password field and used PASTE to paste my password into the app. A few seconds later I was successfully logged into the app.

Whats odd about this (unless this is by design) - the Apple Key chain works just fine for logging into 1pass on the web and obviously my password is valid and correct.

I remain at a loss as to why there was this issue but using copy/paste for the password field worked instead.

• @auroraguy

I'm happy that you were able to workaround the issue. I'll keep an eye out for any other reports of the same behaviour so that we can have our developers look into this further.

Please let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. And, welcome back to 1Password! 🎉

-Dave