1Password browser extension not showing up in Firefox

Options

I just upgraded 1Password to version 8, but though it is installed and enabled on Firefox extension page it doesn't appear in my browser window where the extensions usually live. How can I get it to show up?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS 10.15.7
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @ncmfoto! 👋

Thank you for the question! Have you pinned 1Password for Firefox to your toolbar yet? You can pin it by clicking on the following icon:

Then, right-click on 1Password in the list and click Pin to Toolbar.

If that doesn't work then please try the steps in our guide: If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar

Let me know if you still need assistance after trying these suggestions. 🙂

-Dave

• ncmfoto
    ncmfoto
    Community Member
    Options

In the list there is no option to Pin to Toolbar. I tried the various options but to no avail.

• @ncmfoto

Thank you for the reply. To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing when you right-click on the "1Password - Password Manager" entry after clicking on the puzzle piece icon in Firefox, and attach it to your reply:

-Dave

• ncmfoto
    ncmfoto
    Community Member
    Options

I can't, because I need to keep the mouse over the right-clicked item to see the menu, and so I can't use the mouse to choose what to include in the screenshot.

• @ncmfoto

Thanks for the reply If you press Shift-Command-3 you can capture the entire screen and then edit the screenshot to only include the section that you want to share before posting it. Or, you can open the screenshot of your entire screen on your Mac and then take a second screenshot of just the section that you want to share.

-Dave

• ncmfoto
    ncmfoto
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I managed to save the screen. The url to find it to open it is:
    https://capture.dropbox.com/h75dS18IPiud1F77

• ncm
    ncm
    Community Member
    Options

Have you accessed my screenshot yet? As you can see, there is no option to Pin to Toolbar. Also, I just opened the 1Password app and can't find the Password Generator. It was easily visible in version 7.

• ncm
    ncm
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. I found it under the menu with the horizontal bars. I also accidentally solved my browser problem. I was accessing the beginner pages and it had an item to save the 1Password icon to the Toolbar, so now that, too is solved. Thanks for your time.

• Thank you for the update @ncm, let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.