Passcodes not used

Options
DHK
DHK
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I've gotten passcodes set for my Google accounts, which show up in 1Pass, but don't ever seem to be used when I log into an account... still asks me for pw... What can I check?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.1.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @DHK! 👋

Thank you for the question. Once you save your passkey in 1Password, that saved passkey is ready to be used whenever a website requests it. However, some website may still allow you to use your password instead of your passkey in some places.

Regarding Google, try these steps:

1. In your browser, go to https://accounts.google.com/
    2. Fill your email and click Next.
    3. Instead of entering your password, click Try another way.
    4. Click Use your passkey.
    5. Use 1Password to sign in to your Google account using your saved passkey: Save and sign in with passkeys in your browser

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member
    Options

Weird... The "Try Another Way" was part of the answer, it then asked me to scan a QR code on my phone and finally let me in... I then signed out to test it and went through the same process... but the THIRD time it finally was set and asked me to approve using the passkey... whew.

• @DHK

I'm happy that you were able to get things working, I'll keep an eye out for other reports of this behaviour so that the team can see if we can make any improvements that will help here.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave