How does 1password-cli determine application id/name?

Options
tunix
tunix
Community Member

Hi,

I currently use Fedora Silverblue 39 which is known as an immutable distribution. In such distros, you don't want to overlay every possible package you use and instead use flatpaks, distroboxes, binaries inside home dir etc.

I overlayed 1Password & 1Password CLI tools into my system. Besides that, I installed things like kubectl, aws-cli etc inside a single distrobox container as my main toolchain. In this setup, certain commands such as op is executed on the host via host-exec command thanks to distrobox.

With this setup, I'm able to call op command installed on the host OS from inside a distrobox container. But each time I do, I see the prompt "Allow Unknown Application to get CLI access" which forces me to input my password.

When I try something similar on a terminal which executes on host, I see the same prompt with but this time at least with a name "Allow flatpak-session-helper to get CLI access" (I use wezterm flatpak app) only once.

So I wonder, how does this work? How does op get the name of the application calling it? How can I fix this issue?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Fedora Silverblue 39
Browser: Not Provided