1Password App won't install on Apple Watch

Options

For a while now, not sure when it started exactly, I noticed that MFA codes on my watch were incorrect and not in sync with my phone or desktop apps.
On the Watch app on my iPhone 14 Pro, 1Password was listed in the 'Available Apps' at the bottom of the list with a spinning indicator. Pressing that a few times got it come up with uninstall, which although kept spinning and timed out, did uninstall the app from my watch.
Now it won't install. Have restarted both devices, 1Password still listed in 'Available Apps' but install times out.

1Password Version: 8.10.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.1.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @PeterThornton! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble installing the 1Password app on your Apple Watch. Can you see if you're able to install other apps? Or do you see the same spinner with other apps as well?

As a first step can you check the following:

1. Make sure that you're running the latest version of watchOS: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support (CA)
    2. Make sure that you're connected to the same WiFi network on both you iPhone and Apple Watch when installing the app:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• PeterThornton
    PeterThornton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response.
    I was trying al sorted and in the end, uninstalling the 1Password test flight beta on my iPhone and re-installing with the normal production app fixed the issue.

• I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue. If you're still not seeing the correct one-time passwords on your Apple Watch then let me know and I can help further.

-Dave