Include private vaults in admin watchtower report?

Options

As an admin, is there not way to include my end users' private vaults in my watchtower reports? Lacking visibility into that really reduces the value of the watchtower report since most creds are stored in private, not shared vaults. Any tips on this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @skdyer,

I'm Scott on the 1Password Customer Experience team. It's nice to meet you.

Great question! It's not currently possible to report on private vaults in 1Password, but this is issue is very much on our teams radar. I can't make any promises, but we may have more to say soon, so check back in with us in about a month in case there is any news we can share at that time.

Thank you,

• skdyer
    skdyer
    Community Member
    Options

So good to hear! Thanks for sharing.

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me as well :)

• @moonpup

Thank you for the feedback and adding your voice. 🙂

-Dave

• ITMGR
    ITMGR
    Community Member
    Options

+1. We need a report that at minimum shows the number of items stored in Private vaults to ensure that the product is being utilized.

A generalized activity log (number of items created/updated/deleted) would be beneficial also.

• Thanks for adding your voice to this feature request, @ITMGR. I still don't have any news to share, but stay tuned for news about this in the future. In the mean time, perhaps the Teams Insights reports in 1Password Business will help you to determine who is using 1Password.

Cheers,

• 1psidctm
    1psidctm
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• @1psidctm

I've got your +1 recorded for the team. Thanks for sharing.

• jpit
    jpit
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me too!

• @jpit

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed along your request. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-38430012

• sailingcaptain
    sailingcaptain
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me too, just wondering if there are any updates🙂

• Dave_1P
    Options

@sailingcaptain

Thank you for reaching out! You can create a team insight report that will tell you certain things about your users: Create reports in 1Password Business

If this report doesn't contain the information that you're looking for then can you tell me what more you'd like to see? I can pass along your feedback to the team. 🙂

-Dave

• sailingcaptain
    sailingcaptain
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave
    Thanks for the reply however this thread is about generating watchtower reports that include Employee vaults (previously Private vaults).

The link you have shared only provides the following information which provides no value compared to watchtower reports.

• Their current status
    • When they last signed in
    • The number of devices they’ve signed in with
    • The number of items in their Private vault
    • If they’ve turned on two-factor authentication
    • If they’ve redeemed their free 1Password Families membership

Given there are many business cases for employees storing passwords in Employee Vaults rather than shared vaults it would be extremely beneficial to identify in a summary table the number of Vulnerable Passwords, Reused passwords, weak passwords rather than this going 'under the radar' and not being detectable or reportable.

I hope this helps ?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@sailingcaptain

That's perfect feedback and I've passed it along to the team, details like this help the team better understand the demand for a feature and prioritize it accordingly.

While I don't have any specific updates to share about admins and owners being able to generate Watchtower reports for Employee vaults, I know that our team is aware of the need. Thank you for adding your voice to the thread!

-Dave

ref: PB-39325760