Default vault for filling forms

Options
bryank
bryank
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have several vaults one of which contains current data (Private value) and another that stores outdated data (but which I keep for historical reasons). When I go to auto fill in a web site or credit card details 1Password seems to have its own logic to determine from which vault it will offer the credentials. Too often it will suggest credentials from the old, outdated vault. How can I set it to default to suggest credentials from the current Private vault?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.17.1
OS Version: 14.1.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @bryank! 👋

Thank you for the question! The best way to keep certain items around for historical purposes would be to archive them: Archive and delete items

Once an item is archived it is no longer suggested in the browser. If you currently have a vault meant for historical items then you'll need to move those items over to your Private vault before archiving them since each vault has its own archive.

Alternatively, if you want to keep the items in the second vault instead of archiving them, you can turn that vault off in 1Password in the browser:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Click Accounts & vaults
    4. Turn off the vault.

You'll no longer see suggestions from that vault in your browser. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave