More relevant URL matching

Options
Fisher1P
Fisher1P
Community Member

I can see there is already plenty of discussion created about this.
Even read the developer response (https://1password.community/discussion/comment/348474#Comment_348474), big thank for it, btw, I really appreciate when we are treated like humans.
Also read the security considerations, which are make sense.
But still... whenever visit the very same URL again, without any subdomain (eg. example.com/whatever/) I still get the relevant match somewhere in the last third of the list. Yes, I have a lot of passwords, since this is my personal site, filled with various webapps.
I understand there are limitations, but in my case - as I understand - it is just simply look up for 'a94b4048cbe146ae3a822f603ed812c5c950610890db7c7098e2dbc7c33f59da7ebf4e6282bdd2fad850ffd6c8076742646f5d1d08dcd3b03d88668b0deba9ef' which is always the same.
Based on the forum entries, I am not alone, and I am willing to express my desire not to scroll through a lengthy list every time I have to log in.
Can we expect any improvement on this?

1Password Version: Just webextension, no local 1p installed
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox 120.1

Comments

• Hey @Fisher1P, thanks for reaching out.

It looks like you stumbled upon an older post - since then we've actually implemented the ability to only fill on an exact domain. You can adjust the autofill behaviour for you items by following the steps listed here:

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions!

Ali

• Fisher1P
    Fisher1P
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ali,

Yes and no. To be honest I did not remember this improvement, however after reading it, I had some feelings I might seen this. Thank you for the refreshment.

However my issue is not (only) with the "subdomains" rather than the path after the domain/tld. So I would happy to have exact match listed for
    example.com/path1
    example.com/path2
    respectively.

Yeah, I already can see the issues, does it have closing /, is there index.html, index.php, login.php?returnpath=/fancyapp/, whatever but at least in my case a.: it is my responsibility to set the correct path, b.: it is always like example.com/app01/ (so the m5sum or any hash of the url always the same)

Worst case the url could be chopped at the first ? (or even better the last / before the first ? - and yes, not even this will not solve everything) So I have brilliant ideas, however not sure how much struggle to implement these.

• Hello again @Fisher1p,

I'm happy to hear that Ali's suggestion was somewhat helpful, though the issue can continue with depending on the path after the domain.

I've passed your feedback along to the team to see if improvements can be made to this feature when using a specific domain + path.

If you have any other suggestions, just let us know!

ref: PB 37383962

• Fisher1P
    Fisher1P
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot, lets see what happens :)

• You're most welcome, @Fisher1P!