BUG - Edit Button missing on iPad 11“

Options
maxxitbaby
maxxitbaby
Community Member
edited December 2023 in iOS

Hey guys,

I have the problem, that If I select an entry and switch to an other app and back on my iPad 11“ M2 with the newest iPad OS and 1Password the Edit button is not visible any more.

I have to select another entry and return to have it visible again.

It‘s the exact problem that is described here:
https://1password.community/discussion/comment/683360

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• kvozel
    kvozel
    Community Member
    Options

Same here.

iPad Air
    iPadOS 17.1.2
    1Password for iPadOS 8.10.21 81021004

• Hello @maxxitbaby and @kvozel! 👋

I'm sorry that the Edit button is sometimes not appearing on your iPad. This is indeed a known issue that has been filed with our development team. While I'm not able to provide any sort of forecast as to when we'll be able to resolve this issue, I can tell you that we're aware that it's something in need of fixing. I hope you can understand.

As a temporarily workaround, as @maxxitbaby mentioned, tapping on another item and then back to the original item, should get the Edit button to reappear.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21121

• maxxitbaby
    maxxitbaby
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks for the information Dave.
    If I read this correctly, this bug is known since April.

For me it’s not a small one and the workaround doesn’t work:
    Imagine you are editing an entry and have to copy/paste many strings from another application and have to go back and forth between them.
    Then the edit and the save button disappears because it’s the same bug and now you can’t save it and everything is gone. This is very annoying.

• kvozel
    kvozel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. Hopefully development can work this out eventually.

• maxxitbaby
    maxxitbaby
    Community Member
    Options

Or if you create a new entry and have to go back and forth between applications.
    Then the save button will also disappear and you can’t save.

• Thank you, I've passed both of your comments and reports along to our development team so that they're aware of the impact to your workflows. I'm sorry again for the frustration.

-Dave

• maxxitbaby
    maxxitbaby
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates on this?

• @maxxitbaby

Thanks for following up. I don't have any updates to share, the issue is still in our developer's backlog. When a fix is released you'll see it noted in our release notes:

Thank you for your patience. 🙂

-Dave

• maxxitbaby
    maxxitbaby
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates?

• @maxxitbaby

Apologies, we do not have any updates.

• maxxitbaby
    maxxitbaby
    Community Member
    edited January 22
    Options

This is getting more and more annoying. At the weekend I had to update a lot of 1Password entries and create new ones. After several edits I had to give up and use the macOS version.
    The iPad version still isn't usable. After several switches between Safari and 1Password the "Edit/Save" button disappered and everything I've entered was gone.
    This is a no-go. Please fix this as soon as possible. This is a serious bug.

• @maxxitbaby

I'm sorry for the continued frustration, I've passed your comments along to the team.

-Dave