In My Profile, under Trusted Devices, how do I update the name of my device?

Options
xp0etmarcr
xp0etmarcr
Community Member
edited December 2023 in iOS

Under Trusted Devices and Browsers, the name of my iPhone is incorrect. It lists my iPhone 14 as the name of my previous iPhone 12. I deactivated the device as someone advised in another discussion and logged in again with my iPhone 14 but it still sees it as my iPhone 12. How can I update the device name so it displays correctly?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.1.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@xp0etmarcr At this time it isn't possible to edit device names

• Hello @xp0etmarcr! 👋

I'm sorry that the name of your iPhone isn't updating after you deauthorized the iPhone. Can you try these steps to uninstall and reinstall the 1Password for iOS app:

1. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    2. Verify that you can see all of your items in the browser. If there is anything missing then stop here and let me know.
    3. Download and save the Emergency Kit for your account: Get to know your Emergency Kit
    4. Reset the 1Password app on your iPhone: How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device
    5. Add your 1Password account back to your 1Password for iPhone app.

Does "Trusted Devices and Browsers" now show the correct information?

-Dave

• xp0etmarcr
    xp0etmarcr
    Community Member
    Options

After following your instructions, it doesn't display the name of my previous iPhone anymore. It now displays the generic 'iPhone', not the actual name I chose in Settings, but with the correct iOS version which is better than it was before. I can live with this.

Thanks for your assistance, Dave.

• @xp0etmarcr

I'm happy that the steps cleared the old device name. If I recall correctly, iOS 16 and later reports your device as a generic "iPhone" in order to protect your privacy.

-Dave