Autofill option not shown after One UI Version 6.0

Options
JonLuke
JonLuke
Community Member

After I updated my S22 Ultra to One UI Version 6.0, I had to do a factory reset. While reinstalling 1Password and selecting autofill the option to select 1Password is not shown. Has anyone else had this issue? How can I resolve this?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: One UI Version 6.0
Browser: Edge

Comments

• max_h
    max_h
    Community Member
    Options

I face the same issue on Samsung Galaxy A54 with One UI 6.0 ...

• max_h
    max_h
    Community Member
    Options

After updating the app today I was able to select 1Password as a service.

• JonLuke
    JonLuke
    Community Member
    Options

Someone answered my question on another platform.

With Android 14, the autofill settings changed location on Samsung devices leading to the 1Password for Android app no longer opening the correct setting when tapping the Open Settings button after toggling Autofill on in the 1Password for Android app.

This has been resolved in the latest beta version of our 1Password for Android app, and the fix will eventually make its way to the Production release. If you'd prefer to continue using the non-beta version of the 1Password for Android app, 1Password autofill can still be enabled but needs to be enabled manually via the device settings rather than through the 1Password for Android app. The steps on how to do so are below:

Open your device settings

Search for passwords

Tap Passwords, Passkeys and Autofill from the search results

Toggle 1Password On, then tap Preferred Service, then 1Password from the list of options

Alternatively, if you're interested in joining the beta, the steps on how to do so can be found here: https://support.1password.com/betas/#install-a-beta-release-of-the-1password-app

Once you've installed the Beta version of the 1Password for Android app, autofill can be enabled by following the steps below:

Open the 1Password for Android app

Tap the account/collection icon in the top right

Tap Settings

Tap Autofill, then toggle Autofill On

Tap Open Settings in the popup that appears

Toggle 1Password On in the screen that appears

Tap Preferred Service, then tap 1Password from the list of services

Tap Back from your device navigation bar to go back to the 1Password for Android app

1Password should now be enabled as the system autofill service with the Autofill toggle in the 1Password for Android app settings now showing as enabled.

• Hi @JonLuke & @max_h,

In versions of 1Password for Android before version 8.10.22, due to changes made by Samsung with the release of One UI 6 (Android 14), the location and method of enabling 1Password as the autofill service changed slightly.

This led to the Preferred Service screen being opened before 1Password had been toggled on under the All Services section of the Passwords, passkeys and autofill settings. As 1Password wouldn't have been toggled on under All Services at this point, it didn't appear under Preferred Services which caused 1Password not to be listed under Preferred Services.

With the release of 8.10.22, this was resolved, with 1Password opening the Passwords, passkeys and autofill settings screen after toggling Autofill on in the 1Password for Android app settings, allowing you to toggle 1Password on under All Services, then as the Preferred Service, which fully enables 1Password as the system autofill service.

-- Brendan