Very high CPU usage from 1Password extension in Chromium/Arc

Options

I've encountered persistent, maxed out CPU usage from the 1Password extension in Arc:
Screenshot of Chromium task manager

Today, I encountered this issue again after killing the extension and restarting my browser.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.0
OS Version: macOS 14.1.2
Browser: Arc 1.20.1, Chromium 120.0.6099.56

Comments

• Hello @kincaidoneil! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is using more resources than normal with Arc browser on your Mac. We've received another report of this issue recently and our developers are investigating. To help with our investigation I'd like to request the following from your end:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26684

• Deimouse
    Deimouse
    Community Member
    Options

I am having same problem, as soon as I open 1Password extension popup, CPU usage for extension spikes. Sometimes I also notice extension is using 3GB of RAM.

1Password Extension 2.18.1
    1Password for Mac 8.10.22 (81022040)
    Arc Version 1.20.1 (43987)
    macOS Sonoma 14.2

• Hey @Deimouse,

I'm sorry for the trouble, our team are looking into this and I have added you as an affected user to the internal issue.

For the time being, if 1Password in the browser affects your performance to the point it's unusable, I recommend temporarily disabling 1Password in your browser and using Universal Autofill instead.

Apologies for the disruption!

ref: dev/core/core#26684

• lionelp
    lionelp
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue, tested with the extension stable and BETA and the issue is happening on both.

• @lionelp

I'm sorry that you're also affected, the issue exists in both the stable and beta versions of 1Password in the browser. A fix has been coded and we're testing it internally, we hope to release it soon.

-Dave