1Password in Chrome/Brave: ~500ms delay when application calls .focus()

Options
nclh
nclh
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello! I'm tracking down a performance issue in a JavaScript application I'm working on, and it appears that 1Password may be the culprit. This just started happening recently, though I can't tell you exactly which version I had prior.

My application uses Svelte (3.46.4) and the issue is noticed when I launch a modal. Upon mounting the modal, I call document.getElementById("searchbox").focus();\

[Edit: I've also tried removing the call and manually setting an "autofocus" attribute on the same input and the delay/behavior is identical - 1P is getting hung up whenever a focus event is called regardless of explicit or implicit]

This is where the issue lies -- when the 1Password extension is enabled, there is a ~500ms delay before my modal becomes visible. I've traced that to 1Password's "injected.js" where it's calling Ea._onInputFocus and EA._getSuggestions. Those calls are taking substantially all of the delay.

Any ideas what might have changed? I've been using and developing this application for months and all has been peachy until just now. Not sure why those calls are now blocking :(

If any suggestions, do let me know! Alas I'll have to disable 1Password from this browser for the time being until this can be resolved.

And of course if I'm somehow barking up the wrong tree, any guidance is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.1
OS Version: macOS 14.1.1
Browser: Brave Version 1.61.104 Chromium: 120.0.6099.115

Comments