Autofill for identity doesn't work at all

Options

I have set-up default identity on my 1password, with email, address, phone number, etc...

I expect 1password to autofill those fields whenever I sign up for a new website. But 1password either doesn't offer to autofill at all, or if it does and I click on it, nothing happens.

This is on the latest version of 1password at the time of this writing. I tested this both on desktop and mobile (on mobile with chrome and firefox). On the mobile version I can't even search for the identity item from the 1password pop-up above the keyboard.

To reproduce this: go to the register form for 1password.community and you should see the problem (email not auto-filled)

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @ManWithAPurpose,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with filling your Identity item. Let's start by looking at your desktop. Can you give it a try on our test website and let us know if the behaviour is the same: https://fill.dev/all

In addition, can you let me know if the Email Address is saved within the 'Internet Details' section of your identity item? Is it just your email that is not filling or is it all details?

• ManWithAPurpose
    ManWithAPurpose
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles ,

the behavior is the same. 1Password only suggests my name and emails, but when I click on the pop-up nothing happens. For address and other fields, there is no suggestion.

Email is saved in Internet details.

• @ManWithAPurpose

Thank you for the screen recording, that's really helpful. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. Are you still able to fill usernames and passwords into various pages? Is it only identities that aren't being filled?
    2. If you're using an adblocker, are you able to fill if you temporarily disable that adblocker on https://fill.dev/all?

Can you also try creating a new Identity item and adding the following information to the default fields:

• First name: TestName
    • Last name: TestLastName
    • Email: testemail@test.com

Then, go back to https://fill.dev/all, click on the firstname field, and try to fill the new Login item. Does that work?

-Dave

• ManWithAPurpose
    ManWithAPurpose
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Hi Dave,
    You are welcome. Here are what I found:

• Adblocker has no effect on the bug. (Tested on another clean Edge browser without other extensions)
    • My other login items work fine
    • I realize I am able to auto-fill now when creating a brand new identity item and fill in the details !!
    • So the only difference between this new identity item and this bugged old identity item is that the old item was linked to a Teleclinic app (I can see it under the linked apps section, but when I click edit it's hidden and I can't remove it from the item). So maybe that's a direction to look into. Also please provide a way to remove a linked app from an item.
    • One thing I notice, if I set gender in identity, 1password is not able to auto-fill the sex form. I have to explicitly add another field called sex.
    • On the test form: it auto-fills differently depending on where I click first after refreshing the page. If I click on the login forms first, then click the forms below to auto-fill, the name and last name goes to username and password ?
    • Firstname and lastname not auto filled when I click on other form first, unless I click on it and choose the identity again.
    • How to tell 1Password to auto-fill apartment number, currently my house number goes to the street field.

Since I can at least auto fill now, the others are just minor bugs. Hopefully 1password can fix those other problems eventually though.