Safari Extension - Have to enter password every time I open the browser

Options
bodean
bodean
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

This extension has been pure junk for the last year, and continues to get worse with each update.

Now, latest version, if I minimize or even close Chrome or Safari on my Mac, and re open , the extension shows a lock symbol and I have to reenter the password to access it (even if 1password app on mac is open). There should be an option to NOT lock the safari extension or chrome extension!

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.0
OS Version: Sonoma 14.2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @bodean! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password in the browser is locking when you close your browser, even if the 1Password app remains open. As a first step, can you try the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

If that doesn't fix the issue then can you open Safari, right-click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar, click Settings, and tell me if "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app" is turned on and has a green icon under it? Can you check the same location in Chrome?

-Dave

• bodean
    bodean
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

So far so good, will continue to monitor the next few hours.

• Thank you for the update @bodean, let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.