Autofill no longer works

Options
f3483rt
f3483rt
Community Member
edited December 2023 in Android

I'm using my Android 14 on my Samsung Galaxy A53 5g phone with everything latest version installed including latest 1password version, the autofill no longer works, PLEASE FIX ASAP

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• mattgen88
    mattgen88
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also affected on pixel 6, using android 14. I factory reset my device and reinstalled 1password, and now it will not enable autofill. I also cleared the cache and data for the app and logged back in. 1password will notify that autofill is not enabled, but when you go to turn it on, it'll open the permissions for autfill in android. After enabling the option and going back, the autofill toggle still won't enable. It just opens the android settings again, which shows 1password as being able to autofill.

I also tried making the app unrestricted for battery usage to no avail.

My device was fully up-to-date and working prior to the factory reset, so it seems like this might be something where the permission will carry over on app upgrade, but fresh install it will not enable the permission.

• mattgen88
    mattgen88
    Community Member
    Options

So it turns out this is a google UX problem (for me atleast) and I found the answer here https://1password.community/discussion/143670/pixel-8-cant-turn-on-autofill#latest

you have to change the password manager, just enabling 1password isn't enough

Settings -> Passwords & Accounts
    Enable 1 password there, but also click Google (Google Password Manager, Google Pay, Google Wallet).

That lets you change to 1Passwrod for Passwords, passkeys and data services.

• Hi @mattgen88,

Thanks for providing these steps. These would indeed be the steps that would be required to enable 1Password as the system autofill service on some devices including Pixel devices.

We have updated our documentation on the following link to included these steps - Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your Android device

@f3483rt We have recently updated our documentation on the following link- Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your Android device to include the steps to enable autofill on Samsung devices. After following these steps on your device, would autofill now work successfully?

-- Brendan