Locked out of multiple sites

Options

Comments

• Centime
    Centime
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a new user and I thought I was just being dense! I have all the same problems. I'm locked out of multiple sites and have to change my passwords to get back in. Beyond annoying!

• Hello @Centime! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when using 1Password for Safari. Can you share a few more details of the problem you’re experiencing? Any information you can provide, such as an error message and steps to reproduce the issue, will help me understand what’s going on and work on a solution.

You mentioned that you were locked out of websites, did you change the passwords for those websites using 1Password before being locked out? If you did then did you follow the steps here to change your password for those websites: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Centime
    Centime
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. What happens is that when I go to log into a site I’ve registered with 1P, using 1P’s generated password, the site rejects my password. I have to click “forgot password” and enter a new one to get in. This happens on multiple sites. I recently upgraded to Sonoma and it seems many others are having the same problem. Any news on a fix?

• @Centime

That definitely doesn't sound right. When you've changed the password for a website using 1Password did you change it in 1Password and on the website itself so that it's updated in both places?

If you change a password for a website using the steps in this guide, do you run into the same issue: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords

-Dave

• Centime
    Centime
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm .. . I thought 1P updated the passwords on the various sites. When it autofills with 1P’s generated ones, the sites reject it. What am I missing?

• Hey @Centime,

Are you able to provide me with the exact steps you took when changing your password on a website so I can try to recreate the behaviour you are seeing?

When you are on the change password page and 1Password suggests a password, clicking on this should prompt a save dialog to appear. Did this happen on your end?

• Centime
    Centime
    Community Member
    Options

I didn’t realize that you have to change each password manually. Thanks for this answer.

• On behalf of Steph, you're welcome.

Change your passwords to make them stronger