1Password for Safari stuck on "Unlocking..."

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari extension unreliable and slow.

Comments

• EarthAura
    EarthAura
    Community Member
    Options

I've also experienced sluggishness with the 1P Safari extension, and it feels really unreliable to the point it's making me look for alternatives.

Just today the extension kept showing a spinner and "Unlocking..." even though 1Password was open and unlocked. It simply refused to work and ended up having to restart Safari.

The fact that the system field filling (password, form, etc) and 1Password often conflict is another big annoyance. Sometimes I have to blindly pick a 1Password entry which is obstructed by the other form dialogues.

Anyway, I'm mainly here to complain and don't have the energy to be more helpful, using 1Password 8 is a daily pain tbh.

• Hello @EarthAura! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into problems with 1Password for Safari. We recently released a new update, can you see if that improves things for you: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

If you still run into the performance and unlocking issues then let me know and I can investigate further.

The fact that the system field filling (password, form, etc) and 1Password often conflict is another big annoyance. Sometimes I have to blindly pick a 1Password entry which is obstructed by the other form dialogues.

I recommend that you save all of your addresses and credit cards in 1Password and then turn off Safari's built-in password and form manager: Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

This will prevent the built-in password manager and 1Password from conflicting with each other. 🙂

-Dave

• EarthAura
    EarthAura
    Community Member
    Options

This happens all too often, clicking "Open" does nothing. If it's not this, it might be a spinner, etc. Not a great experience :(.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@EarthAura

Thank you for the screenshot. The team would like to investigate this further, the next time that the issue occurs could you please provide the following:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• EarthAura
    EarthAura
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I'll keep that in mind @Dave_1P. Btw, now a few hours later it seems to have resolved itself, without any browser restart or relaunch of 1Password. Just left it alone and my MacBook has slept in-between, that's all. Definitely seems like something that should be possible to handle and not require waiting.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@EarthAura

I definitely agree that the issue shouldn't happen in the first place and that waiting should not be required. The next time that you see the issue please send in the logs requested in my previous comment and the team can investigate further to find the cause and work on a solution. 🙂

-Dave